Lynn University FloridaLynn's
mission is to provide the education, support and environment that
enables individual students to realize their true potential and prepare
for success in the world.
At the core of every major program is a liberal
arts education, as well as our commitment to nurture and support every
student's journey of self-discovery.
The university currently hosts students from 46
states and more than 90 nations, creating a community in which each
student has a rich multicultural experience.
Our students also complete a required
international study experience as part of their major program, participating in a faculty-led study tour or spending a semester abroad
at American College Dublin (Ireland).
A beautifully landscaped 123-acre campus with
seven freshwater lakes, Lynn University is proud of its reputation as
one of the safest campuses in the nation. Lynn is located in Boca Raton
on South Florida's "Gold Coast. " The campus is only three miles from the
Atlantic Ocean, and within convenient driving distance to Miami, Fort
Lauderdale, Palm Beach and Orlando.
Lynn University at a Glance
- Founded in 1962 in Boca Raton, Florida, Lynn University is a private, coeducational university offering
bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees. Donald E. Ross has led
Lynn University as president and CEO since 1971.
- Lynn's 123-acre campus is one of the
safest in the nation.
- Lynn enrolls nearly 2, 500 students from
more than 90 nations and 46 states. of these students: 60 percent
live on campus; 30 percent are from Florida; 70 percent are from out
of state; and 25 percent are international students.
- At Lynn University, 78 percent of all
students receive some type of financial assistance.
University comprises five colleges:
1. The College of Arts and Sciences
2. The College of Business and Management
3. The Donald E. and Helen L. Ross College of Education and Human
4. The College of Hospitality Management
5. The Eugene M. and Christine E. Lynn College of International
Two additional academic units include the Conservatory of Music and
the Burton D. Morgan School of Aeronautics.
- Lynn's Conservatory of Music is one of the
leading conservatories within a university environment. The
conservatory is led by Jon Robertson, a native of Kingston, Jamaica, and the former chair of the Department of Music at the University of
California Los Angeles (UCLA). He holds undergraduate, master's and
doctoral degrees from the Julliard School of Music.
- At 16:1, Lynn's student to faculty ratio
supports personalized learning.
- Lynn's Institute for Achievement and
Learning helps students discover and use their personal learning
styles to ensure academic success. Its programs for students with
learning differences are internationally recognized and recently
were cited by Edward B. Fiske, former education editor of The New
- Lynn University is one of only 13
institutions (including Duke University, the University of North
Carolina at Chapel Hill, the University of Notre Dame and others)
recognized by NAFSA: Association of International Educators for the
quality of international programs.
- Lynn requires that every student complete
four study abroad academic credits, three of which must be in their
major. Very recently other U. S. universities, including Harvard, have followed this model, overhauling their curricula to include an
- Lynn students may attend our sister
school, American College Dublin, in Ireland for a summer, a semester
or a year. In addition, students may choose from more than 17 study
abroad experiences with destinations from South America to Europe
- Lynn University is the only university to
offer an Academic Adventure at sea for all first-year students.
Accompanied by Lynn faculty, freshmen study and visit two
international ports to learn firsthand about different cultures and
history. This year's Academic Adventure took students to Jamaica and
- Lynn University has won 18 national
championships and 14 conference championships.
- Lynn fields varsity teams in 11 sports:
men's baseball, golf, tennis, basketball and soccer; and women's
basketball, soccer, tennis, golf, softball and volleyball.
- Full-time undergraduate tuition at Lynn University is $24, 700.
Schmidt College Center
3601 N Military Trail, Boca Raton, Fla. 33431
Information Request Form