Study at Academy of Oriental MedicineThe mission of AOMA is to transform lives and communities
through graduate education in Oriental medicine by:
• Providing excellent and innovative teaching of acupuncture and
Oriental medicine to learners while developing knowledge, skills, and
attitudes that lead to intellectual and personal growth
• Delivering high quality acupuncture and Oriental medical healthcare to
• Providing leadership for the development of acupuncture and Oriental
AOMA's vision is to be a leader in Oriental medicine education by
engaging our communities and by preparing compassionate and skilled
practitioners who embody the art and spirit of healing.
Our Core Values
We recognize that the outcomes we produce result from the collective
activities that are consistent with the following core values:
• Sustainability: Our programs and community engagements are sustainable
• Integrity: We do what we say we will do. In our communication we are
honest and complete.
• Inspiration: We are called into action by a spirit of purposeful
• Flexibility and openness: We conscientiously choose our actions in
consideration of all the parties involved.
• Professionalism: In all that we do, we are impeccable, clear and
• Compassion and Service: In word and action, we look for opportunities
to benefit others.
AOMA Educational Objectives
Graduates of the AOMA master degree program will:
• Have the knowledge base necessary to enter the profession
• Practice professional behaviors and values
• Provide patient centered care
• Incorporate evidence and experience based practices
• Participate in collaborative patient care
Profile of Academy of Oriental MedicineAcademy of Oriental Medicine is in a large city, in Austin, TX. The school is classified as a private, for-profit college. Students at Academy of Oriental Medicine earn degrees up to the Master's degree.
Students and faculty are generally focused on one of the school's main fields of study. The most common major fields study at Academy of Oriental Medicine include nutrition and exercise therapy.
Academy of Oriental Medicine Selectivity
The school does not admit all applicants.
Student EnrolmentAcademy of Oriental Medicine, in 2007, had 211 students (180 full-time equivalent). Adults changing careers are relatively common at the school. The Student Enrolment at Academy of Oriental Medicine is essentially female.
The school reports its educational mission is:
"The mission of AOMA is to transform lives and communities through graduate education in Oriental medicine by:
-Providing excellent and innovative teaching of acupuncture and Oriental medicine to learners while developing knowledge, skills, and attitudes that lead to intellectual and personal growth
-Delivering high quality acupuncture and Oriental medical healthcare to our patients
-Providing leadership for the development of acupuncture and Oriental medical professionals"
Academy of Oriental Medicine Programs and Degrees
|General Category||Degrees||Most Common Majors |
|Nutrition and Exercise Therapy||36||acupuncture|
Academy of Oriental Medicine
2700 W anderson Ln Ste 204
Austin, TX 78757
General Phone: (512) 454-1188
Student Application Service
FREE to use for all prospective students
Access to over 1,000 accredited universities
and colleges from around the world who are
recruiting students - NOW
Last year we helped more than 1 MILLION students
from 170 countries find a course, we can help you
Let us find the right degree or study abroad program
for you: Just provide us with your
requirements, we do all the work and match you to
the right program.